This afternoon the AFA committee voted on several items presented in the Governor’s change package.
Audio of today’s brief hearing can be found here.
- Removal of $10M in debt service for building a new $100M plus Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) building in Augusta
- A pair of positions in Department of Administrative and Financial Services (DAFS)
- $600,000 in funding to update the data used in the state’s econometric programs used to forecast revenue
- Removal of the elimination of 11.5 positions in the Department of Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry (ACF)
- Various revenue adjustments following the May 1 Revenue Forecasting Committee (RFC) report
- Adjusted the funding necessary to host the Maine International Conference on the Arts from 2 years to 1 year, a savings of $70,000
- Approved sundry positions reorganizations and reclassifications
- Approved the removal of General Fund (GF) support for the operation of the Maine Charter School Commission(MCSC) ≈$300,000
- Recognized federal funds awarded to the Maine Health Data Organization(MHDO)
- Rejected $14.6M in spending for MaineCare Payments to Providers that DHHS feels they no longer need but had requested in the budget
- Continued one limited-period Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) Volunteer Supervisor and increased the position to full-time
- Approved $12,000 in per diem for members of the State Board of Property Tax Review
Appropriations will continue to work tomorrow following session.