A public hearing this morning for LD 1507, An Act To Establish a Local Fiscal Recovery Funds Program and Allocation was followed by a briefing from Commissioner Figeroa on the Governor’s current plans regarding the American Rescue Plan Act (ARP) and General Fund bonding.
Maine is slated to receive $1B and $129M for critical infrastructure. In the coming weeks the Governor is planning to release her intentions regarding the ARP.
Also in the near future the Governor will issue a bonding proposal focused on:
- Transportation infrastructure
- National Guard armories requiring state match
- Conservation of natural resources and recreation
LD 1507 is necessary to allow the state to distribute federal funds from the American Recovery Plan Act (ARP) to municipalities.
The meeting continued with public hearings on the following bonds:
- LD 169, An Act To Authorize a General Fund Bond Issue To Stimulate Investment in Innovation by Maine Businesses To Produce Nationally and Globally Competitive Products and Services
- LD 181, An Act To Authorize a General Fund Bond Issue To Complete the Renovation of a Wharf and Bulkhead in Portland for Marine Research
- LD 370, An Act To Authorize a General Fund Bond Issue To Upgrade and Replace Infrastructure of the Maine Public Broadcasting Corporation
- LD 466, An Act To Authorize a General Fund Bond Issue To Support a Climate Center at the Gulf of Maine Research Institute
- LD 1235, An Act To Authorize a General Fund Bond Issue To Connect Maine with a World-class Internet Infrastructure
- LD 1475, An Act To Authorize a General Fund Bond Issue for Targeted Food Processing Infrastructure
Tomorrow and Thursday AFA continues public hearings on referred bond bills. The full schedule can be found here. A work session is scheduled on Wednesday for LD 1507.
Votes and discussions from that meeting and future meetings will be found here along with history on past budgets.